Sunday, October 20, 2013

Review of THE PASSIONATE INTELLECT by Alister McGrath

Alister McGrath became one of my favorite authors after I read his biography of C.S. Lewis. In his book THE PASSIONATE INTELLECT, McGrath continues to show me why he has become one of my favorite authors.

McGrath argues that the Christian view of reality is the most coherent and intellectually stimulating view of reality that there is. No other viewpoint stands beside it. He argues for a discipleship of the mind that helps believers love God with their minds and engage in helpful converaations with those who hold other viewpoints.

I love his concept of "mere theology" The book reminds me much of reading a C.S. Lewis book in the way that it gets me thinking and appreciating the truth of Christianity more. I highly recommend this book.

Review copy provided by InterVarsity Press

No comments:

Post a Comment