Monday, July 8, 2013

Review of THE HONEST TODDLER by Bunmi Laditan

I started following Honest Toddler on Twitter last year because I found so many of the Tweets funny and hitting close to home. My wife have three young children, and it quickly felt like with one of our children that these Tweets were coming straight from our own lives. When I saw that there was going to be a book called THE HONEST TODDLER, I knew I had to pick it up. The author is Bunmi Laditan, and the Twitter feed is based on real scenarios of raising her own toddler.

The book is hilarious. It's written as s guide for parenting from a toddler's perspective. The Honest Toddler has tips for what to feed your child, how to respond to loud outbursts, and much more. It's written in small chunks with plenty of exaggerated humor throughout that will make you think, "Did my toddler write this?" I especially loved the letters from parents that Honest Toddler responds to.

This is definitely a great book to bring some laughs to parents of small children. It's also great for putting a humorous spin on the struggles that parents face as parents of toddlers.

Review copy provided by Scribner

Photo Credit: Scribner

No comments:

Post a Comment