Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Review of 4-HOUR WORKWEEK by Timothy Ferriss

Tim Ferriss's 4-Hour Workweek has been a popular book among entrepreneurs and aspiring entrepreneurs in the last few years, so naturally I wanted to check it out. Ferriss writes from experience, and he's a very motivational writer. He wants you to believe that you can live the type of life that everyone dreams about. And he of course paints a picture of that life that's very appealing. I liked the book. It has a lot of solid information in it. But I don't know how practical it is for most people to do. It's written for a certain type of people, and I suppose that would be the creative class. Not everyone is creative, however.

As a strategy, Ferriss lays out the steps he's taken and encouraged others to take to gain control over their lives and do what they really love. I'm a teacher, and I love my job, but I have always wanted to create for a living.

I think there's a lot I can apply from this book and plenty of other people can to. But the writing style makes it sound too good to be true throughout. Overall, it's a motivating book that will get you thinking.

Review copy provided by Blogging for Books

No comments:

Post a Comment