Friday, April 4, 2014

Review of TREASURING CHRIST WHEN YOUR HANDS ARE FULL by Gloria Furman

Title: Treasuring Christ When Your Hands Are Full
 
Author: Gloria Furman
 
Publisher: Crossway
 
What It's About: Treasuring Christ When Your Hands Are Full is a book about pursuing Christian in the midst of being a busy mom.
 
Why I Read It: This is a book for moms and, obviously, I'm not a mom. My wife is, however, and I know the struggles she faces each day as she raises our three young children. I know it can be exhausting and discouraging with barely a moment to sit down, let alone pursue the heart of Christ each day. I was sent a copy of this book from Crossway for review, and I found it interesting just because it deals with what my wife faces day in and day out.
 
What I Liked About It: With a book that's designed for busy moms, you would expect it to be small and concise, and that's exactly what you get with Treasuring Christ When Your Hands Are Full. Gloria Furman is a busy mom and wife, but she's also someone who clearly loves Christ and the role that she's been placed in. What's great about this book is that is seeks to show purpose and meaning in the things that mothers do each and every day. From encouraging moms that God designed motherhood to revealing the reality that it's not always picture perfect. From what I can tell, moms struggle with how so many moms appear to have it all together, and they sometimes feel like they're the only one. Furman encourages moms that they are not. There's no such thing as the perfect mother, and anyone who appears to be is working really hard to maintain that outer image while struggling just as much on the inside. Furman's book is about the practicalities of what it's like to be a Christian mother. As my wife is reading this book, I'm praying that God is using it to encourage and strengthen her as a mom and as a follower of Jesus.

Review copy provided by Crossway Books
 
Where You Can Buy It: Amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment