Sunday, January 12, 2014

Review of CHURCH HISTORY, VOLUME 2 by John D. Woodridge & Frank A. James III

Title: Church History, Volume 2

Author: John D. Woodbridge and Frank A. James III

Publisher: Zondervan

What It's About: CHURCH HISTORY, VOLUME 2 covers the history of Christianity from right before the Reformation up to today. The book shows how Christianity has spread and impacted the cultures it has touched for the last several hundred years.

Why I Read It: I've been a follower of Jesus for a long time, and I've always loved studying history. The history of Christianity and how it has impacted the world is very interesting. I believe the way it has made a difference offers great credibility to the message of Jesus.

What I Liked About It: The book is thick, so I knew it was going to cover a lot of ground. I liked how it outlines major movements in church history, such as the years right up to the Reformation. I also enjoyed how it draws out some detail about some of the influential players in each historical movement of Christianity. The organization is done really well, and the presentation of history is conveyed in a way that, at least to me, was interesting. There's plenty of insightful commentary throughout. It's a great book for Christians and people interested in Christianity's place throughout history.

What I Didn't Like About It: Other than wishing that some historical figures were discussed a little more in depth, I was overall satisfied with the book.

Where You Can Buy It: Amazon.com

Review copy provided by Zondervan Academic, courtesy of AcademicPS

No comments:

Post a Comment